Insulated Plywood Fixing
Find out more about our warm deck insulation fixing with a tube washer and screw, designed for plywood and timber decks to provide secure and durable warm insulation. They are suitable for commercial and residential use and are a great choice for anyone who needs to insulate their roof.
You’ll receive a box of 100 high-quality insulation fixings, consisting of the correct tube and screw combination for the height of your roof build-up. These are chosen by the manufacturer in conjunction with the major insulation manufacturers.
Try our plywood fixings today, and if they are not suitable for your decking, check out our full range of insulation fixings. We also have a full range of building boards for your roof deck.
If you have any questions about any of our products, please get in touch with us today.
Plywood Fixings FAQs
What size insulation fixing do you need?
The fixing size is the depth of the materials from the lower deck upwards.
A timber deck fixing allows for an 18mm lower deck, any less than 18mm please contact us as you will need a different product size. The screw will then protrude from the lower edge of the deck by 12mm. The following diagram shows most standard roof build-ups.
How many fixings do I need for my insulation?
- For a 2400mm x 1200mm board, we recommend 12 fixings per board. If your project is exposed or is in a high wind area this should be increased to 16.
- For a 2400mm x 600mm T+G board, we recommend 8 fixings per board.
- For a 1200mm x 1200mm board, we recommend 9 fixings per board.
Do I need to fix through into the joists or firings?
No, the lower deck should be fixed to the joists and/or firings. The insulation only needs to be secured to the lower deck.
Which P2 Bit do i need?
- 50mm to 70mm - 50mm P2 Bit
- 80mm to 110mm - 110mm P2 Bit
- 120mm to 160mm - 150mm P2 Bit
- 170mm Plus - 200mm P2 Bit